Full Moon Nights at the Rann Utsav : Kutch
A scintillating journey back in time, to the land with a fascinating history. Take a guided tour of the ancients ruins of Asia’s largest Harrapan site at Dholavira, stay in the local Bhungas (Mud Houses) of Bhuj and Hodka where we dig into some seriously delicous traditional Kutchi food. What makes this trip different from previous ones is that you will see the White Rann Desert at its best, on a full moon night when it’s at its most beautiful. Get ready for an unforgettable journey!
Trip Essence : Full moon at white Rann Desert| Guided tour of ancient ruins of Dholavira| Delicious local food| Tour of Bhuj Palaces
Visit the white desert on a full moon night
- Stays in Bhungas in Hodka and Bhuj (Mud House)
- Explore the famous archeological site of Dholavira with a local guide
- Dig into a delicious traditional lunch at a local’s home
- Walk through the palaces in Bhuj.
- A visit to the famous artisan village of Bhirandariya, Nirona and Bhujodi
- Witnessing the grandeur of the Great Rann of Kutch on a full moon night
Day 1: Bhuj
Check in at your stay at Bhuj directly from the airport /station. Enjoy the charming bylanes of Bhuj and explore the tiny town and the local experiences it has to offer. After lunch, we make our way towards Mandvi where you can take a camel ride or simply walk along the beach. We will also visit the centuries old shipping yard.
Experiences: Visit old shipping yard and beach at Mandvi
Day 2: Bhuj- Dholavira – Bhuj (4.5 hours one way)
Start off for your road trip to Dholavira post breakfast. En route, visit the Bhujodi village known for its weaving. A 4 hour drive takes us back in time to the Indus valley civilization, where we explore the archeological ruins with a knowledgeable guide. Experience the magic of the ancient city while grasping the rich history the land has to offer. Enjoy the simple but delicious lunch at a local’s home.
Experiences: Visit Bhujodi village which is well-known for weaving| A road trip to Dholavira| Guided tour of Harappan ruins| Lunch at local’s home
Day 3: Bhuj - Hodka (2.5 hours)
Check out from Bhuj and en route visit the Prag Mahal, a palace built in 1856 in an Italian gothic style of architecture. Drive on to Hodka where you will stay in a beautiful bhunga.
Meals: Breakfast-Lunch- Dinner
Experiences: Visit Prag Mahal| Stay in bhungas at Hodka village
Day 4: Hodka- Rann (40 minutes)
A day at leisure to explore the village of Hodka. Post lunch we drive to the Rann of Kutch. Stop at Bhirandariya and check out the beautiful handicrafts on offer. Check in at the Rann utsav and spend the evening visiting the many stalls put up in the beautiful Shaminanas and indulging in some scrumptious Kutchi food. An evening camel ride out on to the Rann to see the sun set and watch the sparkling white sand desert come to life under the light of the full moon light. This amazing image will stay with you forever.
Meals: Breakfast-Lunch- Dinner
Experiences: Colourful stalls at Rann Utsav| Camel ride to sparkling white sand desert on full moon night
Day 5: Hodko- Bhuj
Post Breakfast, we check out from Hodko and head towards Bhuj. On the way we visit the Nirona village famous for its Rogan art, copper Bell and lacquer art. We then transfer to the airport/ station and head back home, with a bag full of Memories
Experiences: Visit to Nirona village for Rogan art, copper bell and lacquer art
- Meals mentioned
- Internal travel according to itinerary by xylo/innova/tempo traveler (based on group size)
- Stays on twin sharing basis
- Guided tour of Dholavira ruins
- Blueberry Trails coordinator traveling with you
- Permit charges for Rann
- Flight/ Train charges to and from Bhuj
- Meals not mentioned
- Entry charges at museums, monuments, if any
- Personal expenses such as tips, shopping etc.
- Camel ride at Rann (payable on the spot)
- Any activities or travel undertaken beyond the itinerary
- Any change of travel plans due to weather conditions, strikes, transport delays which are beyond our reasonable control will have to be personally borne by the traveler.
- Things not mentioned in inclusions